It’s been a while.
I’ve been hesitant to log back into my Tumblr because I didn’t want to scroll through my page and be reminded of the bad memories.
But I’m back.
I’m happy, I’m healthy and I’m surrounded by all the people who make me smile. And the love of my life came back to me.
Yep! I’m happy now.
Just made these tonight! Almond Pumpkin Spice cakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting!
RECIPE: I kind of tweaked one I found online. Its lowcarb, gluten free, no sugar added, and mainly organic.
- 2 Cups almond meal (From Trader Joes)
- 1/2 Cup butter @ room temperature (Smart Balance, or whatever you want)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Trader Joes Pumpkin Butter(Seasonal/optional)
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder(optional)
- 1 1/2 Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg(organic)
- 3/4 cup of equivalent of sugar or sweetener (use whatever you normally sub out, I used Stevia and it tasted kinda fake /: )
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder(make sure its gluten free!)
- pinch ground cloves (optional)
- 3/4 cup coffee, room temp(called for it but i forgot so i left it out and it worked fine)
PREPORATION: Preheat oven to 350 F. The recipe said to use a 8 inch round or square cake pan but I did a 12 cupcake tray and it worked fine :].
- Grease your pan or put in parchment paper with oil on the top of it so you can lift our your cake/cupcake.
- Cream your butter until light and fluffy(Wisk really well before this next step) Add the pumpkin butter, sweetener, cocoa powder, and spices & salt. Mix/beat until super blended. (Ps i made the mistake of tasting the batter after this- MISTAKE)
- Add the eggs and beat until well-blended
- Add your almond meal, baking powder, and coffee. Stir/beat until blended & pour into prepared pan. If you use a pan it says do it for 30 mins, I did it for 22 mins for my cupcake pan. Test the cake with a toothpick- see if it comes up clean!
For mu cupcakes without the frosting equal to about 197 cals each with approx 4.6 grams of carbs. Plus it has about 2 grams of fiber each. YUMMMM
The cream cheese frosting was 8 oz of fat free cream cheese, 2 teaspoons water, a squish of lemon, a tablespoon of almond, 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin butter, and a sprinkle of stevia. I just wisked it and stuck in on top :]
[Image Description: Background is several triangles in a circle like a pie alternating from true red, scarlet and black. A robin is sitting on his perch looking to the right.
Top Text: “5 minutes until your shift ends.”
Bottom Text: “Suddenly every customer in the store needs your help.”]